World-Class Learning Management System
Through Lab Four’s partnership with Element K, you can access their world-class learning management system (LMS) called KnowledgeHub. An LMS is a way to deliver, manage, and track your employees’ professional development. For those that want total control of their training experience, it allows you to easily automate record-keeping and employee registration in training courses. KnowledgeHub is:
- Fast and flexible
- Full-feature LMS
- User management features allowing you to create a multi-tiered grouping structure, which allows you to assign learners to groups for reporting, messaging, and content assignment
- Collaboration tools enable you to create “communities,” or content areas, where users can go to develop, share, and discuss information relevant to their jobs, their professional careers, and the organization through the use of blogs, forums, and wikis
- Robust data collection and reporting mechanisms with multiple output options include online report viewing with drill-down capabilities, PDF generation, and export to Microsoft® Excel®
- Learning plan management features allow you to require or recommend content for individual learners, resulting in a targeted, learner-centric development plan
- Site management tools allow you to configure your site to your exact requirements including the presentation, security, workflows and behaviors, and its messaging and communication
- Content management tools allow: support for many types of self-paced content; robust support for live events; an authoring tool you can use to create your own e-Learning content; highly flexible assessments; and powerful extended features, such as an offline player and tracking of external learning items
Through KnowledgeHub, you also have access to virtual labs or v-Labs. In v-Labs, users can practice on real software hosted by Element K without damaging systems hosted by your company. Instead of simulations where learners can be locked in to a set path, v-Labs are an “open sandbox” where your employees can get real experience.
Element K also offers 24 hour customer service via email, chat, and phone. They also offer content and system integration services that remove the hassle of multiple log-ins and ensures user generated content plays and tracks properly within KnowledgeHub. Their administrative services can assist you in personalizing the KnowledgeHub homepage, setting up and maintaining student data, managing content deployment and visibility, running reports, creating development paths, and more. In situations where KnowledgeHub functionality does not meet your needs, Element K offers custom development services.
Most LMS’s are stored on a company’s own server, but with KnowledgeHub, the software is hosted on their servers. This means that there is no comprehensive overhaul to the software at your business and that updates will come regularly from Element K without disrupting your training process. With KnowledgeHub, software will never be a bottleneck.